2. Applicants who complete their undergraduate degrees from institution other than SSC or applicants without the appropriate degree must have taken or will have to take undergraduate subjects and/or foundation subjects as prescribed in their chosen field or study.
3. Applicants must pass the graduate school battery of tests which covers intelligence, aptitude and personality.
Non-English speaking applicant must pass the English Placement Test
to enter the graduate program or provide scores of at least 500 on a TOEFL test taken within the previous two (2) years. Students must have
their official TOEFL scores sent directly to SSC's Admissions Office prior to their registration at SSC. In the event that an applicant
has not taken the TOEFL test, enrollment in the prescribed English classes is
required upon registration for the first and all subsequent terms at SSC,
until such time as the proficiency
5. Preferably applicants must have had at least two (2) years of work experience in the course/program applied for.
General Admission Policies
1. Secure application form from the Admissions Office and proceed to the Business Office for payment of the application and testing fee set by the school.
2. Present receipt to the Admissions Office and secure an application form and two (2) copies of SSC's recommendation forms.
3. Submit to the Admissions Office the following requirements:
a. Accomplished application form with colored ID (passport size) pasted on the upper right hand of the form;
b. One (1) additional ID picture (passport size);
c. Accomplished SSC recommendation forms (one each from the applicant's former teacher, the most recent employer or the last employer for those who have stopped working prior to program application);
d. One (1) certified true copy of the applicant's Transcript of Records (TOR);
e. For transferees only:
complete records of grades received from graduate school previously
e.2 transfer credentials
certification of the previous school's grading system from the
f. Study permit and Alien Certificate of Residence (ACR) [for foreign students only].
4. Secure examination permit from the Admissions Office.
5. Take the entrance examination on the scheduled date given. Latecomers will not be allowed to take the examination and instead will be rescheduled.
Grade Maintenance/Retention Requirements
St. Scholastica's College's
School expects all its students to meet its academic
grade of 3.0 in all subjects or compliance with the program maintenance
by a panel of faculty members for those experiencing difficulties in meeting the
are discouraged from dropping/withdrawing a course to avoid delay in completing
The Psychology and Guidance and Counseling Department reserves the right to decide on the retention of students manifesting attitudes and behaviors considered to be inimical to their performance as future counselors and psychologists. Such students may be delisted/retained upon the recommendation of a panel of counselors/psychologists.
1. Completion of all academic requirements
2. Passing of the written comprehensive examination
3. Successful defense of thesis/project