High School Audio Visual Center
Phone: (632) 567-7686 locals 361, 362
Mission-Vision and Objectives of the High School Audio Visual Center
Guided by the Mission-Vision of St. Scholastica's College, the High School Audio Visual Center commits itself to offer an integrated-interactive multimedia learning resource center where Christian virtues and Benedictine values are reflected and manifested in the organization, operation and management of the High School Audio Visual Center.
We envision a firmly established High School Audio Visual Center that provides a high degree of efficient and effective delivery of service that enhances the knowledge and skills of self-directed life-long learners in the pursuit of academic excellence and environmental awareness.
The High School Audio Visual Center is a multi-media center, which serves primarily the high school unit and other members of the Scholastican community. The center is located at the 3rd floor of the Sr. Lieou Sy building or the High School Extension building. It houses and circulates an adequate collection of audio-visual equipment and materials.
The High School Audio Visual Center is open from Monday to Friday 7:00am until 5:30pm and from 8:00am until 12:00nn on Saturdays.
The High School Audio Visual Center has three viewing rooms, equipped with sounds and lights facilities, multi-media and overhead projectors suitable for seminars/workshops and film viewing and small stage presentations. Each viewing room has a seating capacity of fifty (50) people but can be converted into a bigger venue which can accommodate one hundred thirty (130) people.
The High School Audio Visual Center has provided permanent projection screens and overhead projectors in all the classrooms, roving multi-media projectors with computers, and television sets with DVD players in each floor of the main high school building.
Circulation of the following:
1. Audio-Visual Materials
● Audio CD's
● Cassette Tapes
● Video Tapes
2. Audio-Visual Equipment
1. Video and Photo Coverage
2. Cut to Cut Video Editing
3. Video Transfer
4. Audio Transfer
5. CD Transfer
Access to Audio-Visual Resources
1. On-line Public Access Catalog (OPAC)
2. Card Catalog
3. Listing of Audio-Visual materials
Policies and Guidelines
1. All Audio-Visual equipment and materials are to be used within the SSC campus only. Requests for the use of equipment outside the campus will be decided on a case to case basis.
2. Users must always bring with them their school ID's in order to avail of the High School Audio Visual Center facilities and services.
3. All reservations for the use of High School Audio Visual Center facilities and materials and requests for AV services should be made at least 24 working hours prior to the scheduled use.
4. All requests made a week before the scheduled date of use are to be confirmed at least 24 hours before the actual use of facilities.
5. The High School Audio Visual Center office should be informed if the request is cancelled at least two (2) hours before the actual use.
As a rule, no class activity in the High School Audio Visual Center area is allowed when the
The person is held responsible for all losses and damages to any
AV materials and facilities
All requests should be made in writing. The request form
must be properly accomplished,
9. Every equipment checked out is in good condition. If there is any malfunction, the user should notify the High School Audio Visual Center office.
10. The user is requested to unplug all equipment before leaving the place or classroom.
11. Teachers and students can use the various non-print materials of the college and grade school AV centers provided the request for such materials is coursed through the High School Audio Visual Center head at least one (1) day before actual use.
12. Smoking, littering, eating and drinking within the IMC-Non-Print area are strictly prohibited.
13. The person making the request or reservation for use of AV facilities, equipment and materials shall be held responsible for any losses or damages suffered and inflicted on the requested facilities and equipment.
Rules for Charging Fines/Losses and Damages
1. Borrowed megaphones, microphones, cassette recorders, CD players, karaoke and other audio-visual materials, should be returned to the High School Audio Visual Center Office on or before the time specified in the request slip. A fine of Php 5.00 per our shall be charged for delayed return. A fine of Php 50.00 per day shall be imposed on equipment/materials not returned on the scheduled date of return.
2. No AV equipment/materials may be brought out of the school premises. Any person caught violating this rule shall be fined Php 50.00 per day.
High School Audio Visual Center Staff